3.31.2007

San Diego



Here. June 23rd. We really can't wait.

Russ and I went ring shopping last Thursday and Friday. I picked out a ring on Friday, and was pretty sure he went back Saturday morning while I was at work. The whole weekend he teased me and confused me. I had no idea by Saturday night what to believe, but I was sure he would propose on Monday. Monday came and went though, and I was disappointed. Tuesday I was sure it wouldn't happen since I had to work all afternoon and he had to clerk until late. He called me after clerking and we went to Chili's. He teased me the whole time about how he wanted to give me a ring but he couldn't find a ring pop anywhere in town. We didn't get dessert which was weird because we both love the Chocolate Molten Lava Cake. When we got back to his house he brought out two A&W mugs full of jelly beans. Mine had root beer, cream soda, and orange soda and he had 7Up, Dr. Pepper, and grape soda. We tried all of the flavors from each other's and then he said "that would be a great place to hide something." I thought he was joking because we had joked about places to hide rings but when I kept eating he said "no really that would be a great place to hide something." He got me a bowl because I had eaten dinner twice and there was no way I could eat all those jelly beans. When I poured them out though, there was nothing there! As I started to tell him how mean of a joke that was he slide off the couch and onto one knee. He had the ring in his pocket! I found out the next day he had had the box in his pocket the whole night, at Chili's and everything and I am just oblivious!

So...June 23rd in San Diego. We are super excited.

I did meet his mom and step-dad this past weekend too. We had dinner, played games, talked, and went on a drive and walk up the canyon. I really enjoyed meeting and getting to know them and can't wait to get down to Albuquerque and get to know them better.

We picked colors yesterday. Brown, pink, and white. Russ is in the process of making us a wedding website so everyone can see pictures, dates, news, etc. So when that is up and running I will post a link to it.

I'm excited for mom to come up this week and help me find a dress although I'm sure it will be hectic. I also can't wait for her to meet Russ!

0 comments: