9.04.2007

Day One- A Disaster

Actually, the whole weekend has been filled with disasters. First I had to take my wedding ring in because one of the diamonds in my wedding band decided to break. So I was without my ring and feeling naked for four days. I did get it back in time for school to start today though, so that was good.

Sunday night about 11:30 I got a call from Keera. The store was flooded! A water main broke and a whole wing of the mall had flooded. I wasn't supposed to work on Monday and was ready to enjoy having the last day before school to spend totally and completely with Russell but I went in in the morning to help clean for a while. Come to find out today all the baseboards Diana and I cleaned ended up being pulled off the wall in order to be replaced. So much for that three hours! Our store is still a mess but at least we are open again.

And today at school was terrible. If I didn't have the threatening thought in my head of "what if something happens to Russell and you have to support your family" I would have withdrawn from all my classes and given up on school. My business classes have so much work, which I expected, but then I got to new testament and found out this crazy professor thinks we need to write like 18 papers during the course of the semester. I promptly dropped the class and signed up for one in the morning, hopefully it will be a little better. I didnt' get to eat lunch because the orchestra auditions took forever, come to find out even though "we love how you play and you've improved so much" they have 20 new majors and "we might not have room for you in the orchestra!" So then why did you admit 20 new majors that you didn't really have room for??????

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

3 comments:

Caleb Flanagan said...

How did your diamond break? They aren't supposed to just break.

Sorry to hear about the classes, that kind of sucks.

Shyla said...

Once they looked at it they said it must have been a fault in the diamond that broke.

Caleb Flanagan said...

Weird.