5.18.2008

Reading Worm

Day 139-May 18th: We stayed home from church today, I'm not quite up to that adventure today. But...I am getting pretty tired of just being at home. So at some point I remembered that Holly reminded me last night while we were at Caleb's birthday BBQ that it was time to make a summer reading worm. This was something her mom did while they were growing up, you put a worm body piece on each time you finish a book after school is out for the summer. Then you get prizes depending on how many books you read or pages you read or something like that. I really liked the idea and did one starting the summer of 2006 when I moved up here. I did keep that one all through the school-year and into the summer until I moved out to get married, and he was about half-way around my room. Anyway, I have read these two books, start to finish, since school has been out. That's what surgery will do for you. I've started a third, but it's going a little slower, for some reason I'm really confused by it. It's called The Peacegiver and Russell's mom bought it and wanted all of the kids to read it and underline what stood out to us, but it's written as a story, and I'm really confused by what is going on right now in the storyline. Anyway, here's our short little worm. I told Russell he needs to contribute to the worm so it can be longer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My worm has 4 body parts!

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for the recommendations! I'm always looking for a great book to read. The girls and I go through a good 15-20 a week. Just think about how cool that caterpillar would be! Right now I'm reading "The Time Traveler's Wife."