9.07.2008

Regional Conference

Day 250-Sep 7th: Today regional conference was broadcast from the Marriott Center. All 135 stakes in Utah and Wasatch counties were in attendence. We heard from Sister Dibb, President Uchtdorf, and Elder Packer. It was also a really good session. I never quite figured out what Elder Packer was talking about, but the other two talks I really enjoyed. Sister Dibb talked about making sure the things in our lives are real, not counterfeit, and President Uchtdorf talked about increasing our individual faith in the Savior and our Heavenly Father, and strenthing our eternal marriages and families. He said the three most important things for us to do are to hold a current temple recommend (and use it!), study the scriptures daily, and talk with our Heavenly Father daily. He told us that while our CTR rings stand for "Choose the Right," they could also stand for "Current Temple Recommend." That's one I had never heard before.

We put up our Fall ladder kit this week. I made Russell wait until September, which just about killed him, but he managed in the end.
Day 249-Sep 6th: We ran a lot of errands this morning. Took some things to Archiver's so I had things to eat for lunch/dinner at work, got some printer paper, glanced at AT&T and Verizon for pricing on a Family Plan, went to Barnes and Noble, and managed to get rid of our old microwave! Tonight was our adult session of stake/regional conference. I'm really glad we went, because I thought it was a really good meeting. Some of the topic were teaching the children, going to the temple, and making conscious choices to choose the right. I think it's probably the best adult session I've been to, so I'm glad I went - even though I could have gone to Mania with many good friends. I hope they had fun without me!

Anyway, these sunflowers are growing along the street by our house. They are in really random places, so I think the seeds got blown or something. They've just come up in the last two weeks probably, and are really pretty to look at each day.

0 comments: