10.05.2008

Conference Weekend

Day 278-Oct 5th: Today was another day of getting up just in time for conference. I enjoyed Russell M. Nelson's talk about marriage and Brother Oswald's talk about learning how to teach. After conference was over we drove up Provo Canyon to look at the changing leaves. We walked around a bit and took some pictures, but mostly we enjoyed the view from the warm car. It snowed in the mountains this week so it was a little chilly up there!

Overall conference weekend went alright. I would have enjoyed it much more if I didn't have to do all the homework I did. Honestly, how can teachers give you a ton of homework and then sit back and say "enjoy conference"? That bothers me. Anyway, I got it all done, and even have half a page of my short story written! It's not much, but it's a start, which is more than I had yesterday.

Day 277-Oct 4th: We spent most of the day watching General Conference today. I didn't feel good, so we slept until about 9:50am and got up just in time for conference to start. During our break between sessions, we went to Home Depot to get a new flapper for our downstairs toilet which is leaking water into the bowl constantly. It's gotten a lot worse over the last few days, so I looked up online what to do and determined that our flapper was not sealing correctly. Well, it turns out Russell wanted to get a real fancy flapper that saved water, and it ended up not fitting on our toilet, so we have to take it back and get a more conservative one. Anyway, Home Depot is across the street from the Quilted Bear, so of course we went. And.....we found this skeleton! The lady had just marked him down $10, which was 30% off really! We were sold. Now he's on our front door. We are thinking about giving him a name. Any suggestions???

Speaking of conference, I think my favorite part of today was the primary choir in the afternoon session. I felt the Spirit constantly while they were singing. I guess that shows just what those little children can do.

Day 276-Oct 3rd: Today I made my first visit of the semester to the testing center. Most people don't like the testing center, it's their least favorite building on campus, but I love it. I love the whole idea that you have several days to take your tests at your convenience. This way, if you have two or three tests in classes in one week, you don't have to take them all on the same day...unless you are crazy and choose to. Anyway, maybe I appreciate it more since I spent my freshman year at the University of Houston and just had to take tests during the scheduled class period, but I enjoy the freedom of the testing center. I took my first Business Law test today and got a 92%! I'm really enjoying that class....much to my surprise.

0 comments: