5.03.2009

End of the Tile Saga

I finally had time to finish my tiles and hang them up a couple weeks ago, just before everyone came into town for graduation! Here's how they look:


Finding a rod was an adventure though. I went to Rod Works with my coupon and got one. However, I got home and it was too short. So....I took it back. The lady asked me if I wanted to exchange it for a different one, but they only have two sizes (3 feet or 5 feet) and my wall wasn't 5 feet long! So I went off to Target to look for a normal curtain rod to use. I found one easily and brought it home. Come to find out, it had been returned and was missing parts! UGH! So a couple days later I took it back to Target and got one that was new. Luckily, that one worked great!

I put the ribbon on with velcro (which ruined my good scissors) so that I could get the tiles off an on easy to switch them out for holiday ones once I get them made. Here's the steps for anyone who's interested:

1. Turn tile upside down.

2. Cut ribbon to the length you want.

3. Put a piece of velcro (I used industrial strength velcro so that I was sure they wouldn't fall off and break. I just bought it at JoAnn's).

4. Hot glue one end of the ribbon onto the back of the tile.


5. After everything is dry you can loop them around the rod and you're done!

0 comments: