5.03.2009

Women's Conference

This last Thursday and Friday my mom and I went to Women's Conference and BYU. We had a lot of fun listening to the speakers and doing some service projects. Russell's mom and Rachel were there too. And...when we went to get seats Thursday morning I walked right in front of Russell's Aunt Colleen without even noticing it was her! I feel dumb that I did that, but I don't think she noticed it was me either until Russell's mom came to meet us and noticed them.

Along with the classes we went to we colored this road for matchbox cars:
Mom crocheted this scarf all on Thursday:

And we also helped cut out material to be sewn into toy bags for kids.

Our favorite talk was John Bytheway. He talked about talking to teenagers, which isn't something that I have to do these days, but he is an awesome speaker and I enjoyed it. I also really enjoyed listening to L. Tom Perry at the closing session. He talked about improving the image of the church and how the members are the best marketing that the church has. I think I really enjoyed it becuase I LOVE marketing!

Other classes we went to were about the temple, time management, sacrifice, and experiences of the pioneers.

0 comments: