11.01.2009

From Two to Three

So Thursday I got a call from the hospital telling me that I was scheduled to be induced on Monday and all the instructions. I called them right back because I had NO CLUE that was happening. The nurse was quite confused and told me to call Dr. Koperek's nurse and see what was going on. I did, but it was close to five and apparently she had already left. However, when I went to my non-stress test Friday morning they said Dr. Koperek wanted to talk to me after. Good, because I need to talk to him!

Turns out, he had a patient who was scheduled for Monday deliver and thought I wouldn't mind the spot since I hadn't come in in labor yet and he was going to have to schedule something anyway. PERFECT! So, I'm being induced tomorrow morning at 7am.

So....I've spent the weekend trying to get last minute things ready. I wanted to have the house clean to come home to, and needed to get the rest of the hospital bag packed. I didn't quite clean the whole house, but the parts we are mostly in are clean and the rest will just have to wait.

I headed to church this morning by myself because Russell is still not feeling the greatest and as I was sitting there it was just weird to think that all of the sudden tomorrow it won't just be me and Russell, but a baby too. I'm super excited, but nervous too, and I'm sure as much as I try I won't sleep a whole lot tonight!

6 comments:

Dan said...

That is so exciting! Good hunting!

Unknown said...

Good luck Shyla! Ill be anxious to see pics and hear how everything goes!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Oooooh! How exciting! Good luck! Congrats!

Chelise said...

We're both so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pics of the new baby. Good luck!

Jeff and Emily said...

Holy cow good luck!! It must be crazy to hear such last minute news about something so important. I'm so excited for you and Russell!

Melanie said...

That is so exciting! I can understand how you are nervous! Once they put that little baby in your arms everything will be worth it! Good luck tomorrow! Look forward to pictures!