12.23.2010

Getting Ready for Christmas

We didn't put our tree up till the 12th this year! Sad, I know, but things have been a little bit hectic with Britain being born. We got it done though, and that's what counts! And...Eden has even been VERY good at not touching the tree. She does point to it and say "WOW" a lot, especially when we turn the lights on at night. So far she's only taken one ornament off! Much better than I imagined the tree going.

"Fluffing" the tree.

Eden got bored of fluffing and went to rock Britain in the swing. You know, because the swing doesn't rock her good enough on it's own.

Then out came the ornaments:

Luckily, they are shatterproof!

And we're done! WOW!

Then I had to go to Hallmark and get the girls ornaments for the year. I hadn't thought about it until we put the tree up!

A Little People Airplane for Eden.
(And thanks to Grandpa Flanagan for her new hoodie from Colorado School of Mines!)

And a first Christmas bear and cookie for Britain.
(Side Note: Britain looks EXACTLY like I do in my first Christmas ornament picture.)

And now we'll give Santa back his hat so he can come and visit us!

0 comments: