12.07.2011

A Tea Party

I had in my mind that Britain's party theme would be a tea party. I mean, it goes along with the British theme and all, but really first birthday's around here are just a small family gathering, and with a small budget I really just didn't take the time to make it grand. So, in my head it was a tea party, in reality we had presents, cake, and some balloons.

I did put my best effort into a Union Jack cake, although it didn't turn out as good as I had pictured it in my head.


And then I hung balloons really quickly since Aunt Rachel got rear-ended on her way up and had to resign from balloon-hanging duty.


And while I was rushing around cleaning up before heading to get pizza and Russell for the party, Britain noticed I had put the presents on the couch and decided to get started early!


After we ate pizza, we went straight to opening presents.


Cousin Lucy was in charge of the background music.


Cousin Jack was a great present opening helper while sporting his new mohawk in support of our former Spanish Fork neighbor Mike.


And Britain couldn't figure out why we needed pictures. Open that toy Daddy!


Then it was time for cake!

She started off so daintily, just getting a little frosting on her finger and then licking it off.


Then she figured out how good it was, and there was more action.



The damage:


And then Britain helped Daddy get her clean in the sink.

1 comments:

Diana said...

Shyla! How is it possible that you have 2 babies already! Such cuties! The younger, Britain, looks just like a mini-Shyla. You've got your hands full, and good for you! You seem happy! Great catching up!