1.23.2008

Two Interesting Finds

I found two things on other blogs I read that I wanted to share. The first is a definition of scrapbooking from Stacy Julian that really brings the idea of scrapbooking to life to me. She says:

You see, the term scrapbooking does not just refer to the assembly of pages. Scrapbooking actually describes an ongoing, multi-dimensional spectrum of activities that begins with an awareness of your life, followed by a desire to photograph and record your day-to-day experiences, ultimately resulting in scrapbook albums that are overflowing with perspective-laden layouts, each of which contributes in some small way to the story of your life and heritage.

A really neat idea if you ask me. She really dives into the process beneath scrapbooking rather than just the outward appearance of scrapbooking.

The second thing I found is a little survey about husbands. I thought it was really neat and didn't know if I would ever get tagged to do it, so I'm just going to take it upon myself to do it instead. Here goes.

My Husband:

  • What is his name? Russell (I hear he goes by Russell-muscle at work though!)
  • How long have you been married? 7 months today!
  • How long did you date? 4 months (that is, if dating includes after you are engaged, otherwise about six weeks.)
  • How old is he? 27
  • Who eats more sweets? I would have to say him, but mostly because in the last few months sweets haven't been super attractive to me.
  • Who said I love you first? He did. And then he worried and worried for 8 days until I said it back.
  • Who is taller? Russell, by a foot!
  • Who can sing better? Me. But he really loves to sing. He does a pretty good job actually. And.....he can make up some funny songs instantly, especially to the tunes of hymns during sacrament meeting.
  • Who is smarter? I'd say Russell. It seems like he knows the answer to every question I have, or at least knows where to find the answer.
  • Who does the laundry? Mostly him actually. I seem to go to work and when I come home I have clean clothes!
  • Who pays the bills? Russell, even though I'm the one in the finance classes. It just seems like the Husbandly thing to do to me I guess.
  • Who sleeps on the right side? Depends on your view of the bed. The right side when we are laying down is Russell.
  • Who mows the lawn? We don't have a lawn.
  • Who cooks dinner? Mostly me.....he does offer to make it a lot, but I never know what I want.
  • Who drives? Mostly Russell, unless I'm dropping him off somewhere. Which is funny, he doesn't like to drive at all, but he drives because he thinks the boy should!
  • Who is more stubborn? I would say me most of the time. I have only found him to be stubborn about a couple of things.
  • Who kissed who first? He kissed me.
  • Who asked who out first? He asked me out, but I basically told him to. His message had the line "Too bad we are strangers or we could get together and play some of the games we are talking about." And I wrote back "I think messaging back and forth for a week classifies us as not complete strangers, but we definitely wouldn't be if we played some games." And then, we didn't even play a game on our first date!
  • Who proposed? He did, after a very long, agonizing weekend.
  • Who has more siblings? Russell, he has lots of step and half siblings.
  • Who wears the pants?I think we take turns, depending on the issue.



So that's some things about Russell. Now I will tag the only people I know with husbands who read my blog sooooo....Holly, Shelley,and Mom you're tagged!!!

1 comments:

Russell said...

Camille so be tagged too! And I have more siblings. I have lots of step-brothers, a step-sister, and a half-sister. Those count too.!