2.28.2008

Recovery

I'm feeling good enough to sit up and blog for a few minutes tonight, so I'll catch up on some pictures. Today hasn't been too bad actually, the pain has gone down a lot, and I got to finally take a shower tonight which made me feel ten times better! I've been spending my days since Tuesday just laying in bed, watching a lot of t.v., sleeping, reading, and playing my DS. Today I went downstairs to eat dinner though....wow! I'm thinking tomorrow will be a pretty good day, we'll see though. Now to some pictures.

Day 59-Feb 28:

I've finished two books so far this week. Russell was going to buy me a new one today on his lunch break at the BYU bookstore, but when he mentioned that to Shelly, she asked if I wanted to read the Twilight series. Russell said yes, and when she went home for lunch she brought them back to lend to me! This should keep me busy for a while, and they're a great excuse to not do homework!!! Haha. I need to get some of that done tomorrow too, but tonight I'm starting to read the series that has so many people reading constantly.

Day 58-Feb 27:

Keera called me Wednesday morning to see how things were going and asked if she could bring dinner. Of course I said yes! I was in no shape to try and make dinner, and Russell was already waiting on me hand and foot. He is more than capable of making dinner, but it's nice for him not to have to do everything! Keera called back a little later wondering what we wanted from Chili's! I couldn't believe she was going to buy us Chili's so I just said we would each have some chicken crispers, but Keera knows me all too well and knows I would love a Chocolate Molten Lava Cake! When she showed up with dinner, there was some dessert along with chicken crispers!!!! The picture is about halfway through our wonderful dessert! Thanks Keera!!!

Day 57- Feb 26:

Surgery Day! At this point I had been to the lab, and changed into my very fashionable gown, cool leg massagers so I would not get a clot, had an EKG, and an IV. I was just waiting and waiting for my turn to go under the knife. Then I had to go to the bathroom!!! They unhooked my leg massagers and I carried my IV with me to the bathroom. Russell thought I looked funny and made me pose for a picture! They ended up taking two cysts off my left ovary and some blood spots from the right ovary. I do have some cool pictures of my insides, but they are not digital...sorry!

1 comments:

Melanie said...

I heard you had to go into surgery. I hope everything went OK, and hope the pain will go away.

Get well soon.
Melanie