3.30.2008

A Week in Review

Wow. I just didn't have a minute this week to blog. I thought it would be a calm week since I didn't have orchestra, but it didn't turn out that way. So here's a week in review.....in two posts because of the picture limit yet again!

Day 87-Mar 27: I bought these fish stickers from Archiver's today to use in nursery this Sunday. The lesson topic is "I am Thankful for Fish!" Kind of a silly topic if you ask me, but I thought we could print fish bowls out, color them, and stick our fish stickers in them. (Since it's Sunday now, I will mention that this was a wonderful activity, the kids loved it! We also went fishing and they did a great job taking turns. I had them pull a little piece of paper out of a bag and then fish for a fish of that color. Today was probably the most successful day of nursery since we've been in there. At the beginning of the lesson I held up a picture of a fish from the manual, it happened to be a clown fish, and asked the kids what it was and all together they shouted "Nemo!" I should have known!)


Day 86-Mar 26: Tonight we went to a presentation by Sister Hallen on the Emily Dickinson Lexicon. Russell worked with Sister Hallen on his master's thesis and made the website for her lexicon (which is a dictionary if anyone else didn't know!). Tonight she did a presentation that was recorded about the website. It was pretty interesting and fun to see Russell's work being used by people across the world.


Day 85-Mar 25: This is the skillet Russell got me for my birthday. Today, and many a day since, last November, I had a delicious grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. I have been on a grilled cheese kick since I got the skillet, they are just so delicious! We also enjoy the pancakes and french toast we can now have with our skillet.


Day 84-Mar 24: Yup, that really is my ironing basket empty. Russell didn't think I could do it all in one night, but Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium was just long enough to let me get all the ironing done! Our closet looks so full now that all our clothes are hanging up!

0 comments: