4.27.2008

Lazy Sunday Afternoons

Day 118-Apr 27: We only went to Sacrament today because I woke up in a lot of pain. I think maybe this hernia knows that it only has another week and a half to bother me and it's kicking it into full gear! Anyway, so Sunday afternoon/evening is rather long when you don't stay at church the whole three hours and I've had a hard time coming up with things to do. So.....I ended up reading.....a lot. Which is fine I guess. I will just have to go buy a new book before my surgery!

Day 117-Apr 26: I got home from work today (which was crazy with the 12-Hour Crop) and Russell had moved some books down to fill in these shelves on our entertainment center. I think it might have been a message to me about how I would just through my textbooks and things on them, in no particular order and they looked messy, but I do admit they look much better with these books. I guess when the new semester starts I will have to keep my textbooks upstairs, or on the bottom of the table behind the couch or something!

Sometimes I love to go to work on Saturday and see what Russell will do while I'm gone. Last week he had weeded half of the garden in the backyard when I came home! Now I can buy some flowers to plant! Love you honey!

Day 116-Apr 25: Russell and I love our Nintendo DS's. I bought one with my tax refund after I played Russell's while we were dating. They are really fun, and the touchscreen adds a lot to the games that the past Gameboy's have not had. Mostly I keep mine by my bed, and play a little before I go to sleep some nights. Russell is seen more often with his. Here he is playing Cooking Mama 2, he just got it this week as an Easter present from his Mom and Rachel was kind enough to bring it back to him from her trip down to Angel Fire. He already played all of Cooking Mama, so he was excited to start in on the sequel!

Day 115-Apr 24: I made chicken quesidillas from Sister Bitter's recipe today! They were delicious. I was over at the Bitter's playing games one day a couple of years ago and had them and they are the best. Ever since then, before I moved out here anyway, I would get a call from Alex when they were having them, and if I could go, I would. Anyway, I got a crockpot for Christmas not this last Christmas, but the one before and emailed Sister Bitter to get her recipe, and I finally got around to making them today! Yum-Yum! They are really simple, just through the chicken in the crockpot, even still frozen, then shred it, and make up the quesidilla.

1 comments:

islandgirl said...

Hi Shyla!

Love seeing those books on the bookshelf, one of my favorite things in my house too! Glad I found you through Keera's blog :)

Clarice