5.21.2008

A $20 Treat

Day 142-May 21st: Here's a funny story. Yesterday when Russell got home from work he said "I will ask you the mystery question of the day, and if you get the right answer you can have $20 to spend on whatever you want." I thought, wow, this must be some crazy computer programing thing that I would never know in my entire life but really it was just "Did you get your paystub?" Much to Russell's surprise, the answer was a resounding YES! So I had $20 to my name and I bought this Photofall today at Archiver's with it. I had wanted one the first time we got them in, but they flew out of the store. We got six more in today and I grabbed one before I let them out on the floor. That's one of the fun things about working receiving, I get to see, and sometimes claim, things first! Haha. Now I just have to print some pictures to put on it. I'm thinking some of the funny ones we have from random moments/dates would be good. It does usually take me a few days to get my paystub. Since the money is direct deposited I guess I just don't remember very well, but for some reason I remembered yesterday.

Day 141-May 20th: Today was my first day back to work after having surgery, and it was wonderful. I was soooooooo tired of just being at home that work sounded great! The back room was stacked high with boxes so I just worked and worked for four hours and got a good chunk of boxes taken care of. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have gotten through the mountain of boxes and by caught up again. I have to have people lift anything over 20lbs for me for 6 weeks, which is kind of annoying, but I just do what I can and then when I need a bunch of heavy things moved I call someone back to help me.

0 comments: