5.16.2008

Delicious Dinner

Day 137-May 16th: First of all, Happy Birthday to my very cute niece Emma. She is the great big 2 today! Russell and I went to Brick Oven for dinner with our giftcard from the hospital. When we tried to pay, the girl only took the five dollar bill and the receipt and left our giftcard on the table. We weren't sure what was going on and for a split second I thought, "Well, let's just take the giftcard and we can use it again!" Haha. But....I know better than that, so we left it on the table, and hopefully the waitress figured it out at some point tonight. Dinner was delicious, even though I only ate about 6 bites and brought the rest home. I guess I will enjoy it tomorrow for lunch. And...it wasn't even too busy for a Friday night. I was convinced we would have to wait, but they got us right in!

I went to the surgeon for a checkup today. He said everything went well and that my hernia was actually pretty large compared to most of them he fixes. I don't think that's good, but he made it sound exciting! Anyway, I felt alright this morning, until he decided to poke and prod at it, and now I'm all swollen up again and can hardly walk tonight. Great! Just when I was getting better. I guess we'll see how tomorrow goes. He said I could basically do anything I want unless it hurts, and then to stop it. Great advice, I could have figured that out myself! Anyway, he said I should be feeling pretty normal in another 2-3 weeks but I may have bouts of pain for up to 6 months while everything heals up all the way.

0 comments: