6.28.2008

Bloggity-Blog Post

Day 179-June 28th: We've had a pretty lazy day here so far. We went up to check on the Provo house, stopped by the Quilted Bear to see if they had the 4th of July ladder kits (no luck:( ), and ran to Walmart to get some salad for dinner at Grandma's tomorrow night. After that we were just lazy playing video games and searching the internet. After a while we decided to go check the mail and I had a letter from BYU financial aid and scholarships. Russell said "maybe you got a scholarship," and I was like, "hmmm....this is weird, I didn't apply for anything this year, what are they sending me?" But, sure enough, there in that envelope is a half-tuition scholarship for Fall and Winter! I didn't even APPLY for a scholarship (because every time I have in the past I haven't managed to get one and my grades have stayed about the same, so I didn't feel it was worth it), but I will take it anyway! Anyway, that is like making $2040 in a matter of a minute, so we went to see Wall-e to celebrate. It was an awesome movie! Everyone should go and see it.



Day 178-June 27th: Well, tonight Alison Thompson kicked off the wedding reception tour of summer 2008. Here Russell is doing the dishes after we got home from the reception, he's so great at that! Alison looked beautiful as the bride, and Micah even knew our names when he shook our hands (which Russell told me later that Alison had whispered in his ear who we were!) Anyway, it was great to see the Thompson's again, especially Ashley! I don't think I've seen her since about the time Caleb got home from his mission or so, which is way to long to go without seeing your friend. I can't wait for her wedding on August 9th! Anyway....I say the wedding reception tour because we have Alison in June, Megan in July, and Emily, Ashley, Ben & Courtney, and Heather all in August!! Wow!

0 comments: