6.26.2008

Cough, Sneeze, Blow Nose, Cough, Cough

Day 177-June 26th: When I woke up this morning, I knew I should call the doctor, but since it was me and Keera on the floor all day I couldn't call into work, so I went. Luckily though, B-Jo said if I could get an appointment for after she was done teaching the class she would stay around and cover the floor while I went. She's wonderful!

So there I went...off to the Doctor. After she was in the room for a minute and I explained my symptoms she said "You have asthma don't you," I said "Ummm...yeah, I do." and she said, "I can hear your chest!" Great. Anyway, I just have a bad cold made worse because of asthma. So...she wrote me prescriptions for my inhalers, which had all expired a couple of months ago and told me to get some Mucinex.

She checked out my ears and throat and offered to do a strep test even though she was sure I didn't have it, which I gracefully declined. Then she started listening to my chest, and immediately I thought "oh....I didn't tell her about my heart murmur" and sure enough, the next thing she asked me to do was hold my breath while she listened and asked my if anyone had told me I have a heart murmur. Haha. It's really funny that every doctor I go to finds that murmur so amazing, they all say it's different than any they've heard. Weird, but surely I'm not the only one with a heart murmur like this! Anyway, it's always interesting to see what they do!

And...I think I have finally found a family doctor. She was great!

0 comments: