7.13.2008

Cupcakes for New Neighbors and Old Friends

Day 194-July 13th: Today we made cupcakes to take to our new neighbors. I know, that's definitely something we wouldn't normally do, but we are trying to be more social and get to know people....and.....we know they have games and like to play! Anyway, they seem really nice. We are going to try and have them over sometime this week once I know when we are going to take family pictures, and she invited us over on Saturday for a house warming party! Should be fun to get to know them. Then we took some cupcakes up to Larkin and Allyson. We hadn't seen them in a while, and we definitely didn't need 24 cupcakes to ourselves! We visited for over an hour! It's always so fun to hang out with them. We decided on the way home that we will kidnap them and the babies in April so that they cannot move away. That or we will just move wherever they are moving!

Day 193-July 12th: I didn't have to work today which was great. I slept in longer than I should (but not as long as Russell!), cleaned the house, then Russell and I went out front to wash our windows and get all the cobwebs off our rock. As we were doing this, our new neighbors were moving in. We talked to them for a minute, and then later heard them say something about board games! So Russell asked what they liked to play, and they like Puerto Rico, Carcassonne, and others that we like! What great neighbors. Their parents were helping them move in, and his Dad noticed that our wooden support beam (that is really just for decoration) was split apart and asked me about it. I told him it had been that way since we moved in and Russell and I were just discussing how to best fix it. Then he said "If I had a screw I would fix it for you." I assumed that meant he didn't have one and thanked him for the offer, but then a couple seconds later he came back with a screw and his drill and put it right in! It was great! In the picture it's fixed, but the curved part used to be not attached to the straight part coming out of the house.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Shyla, you're so awesome! The cupcakes were wonderful, and it was great to talk to you guys. What a nice surprise!

Three CRAZY boys and a lady said...

Um.. I want one of those cupcakes!!