8.15.2008

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures


Day 227-Aug 15th: I'm starting to hit the wind-down of my independent study classes. I finished my last HEPE lesson today which required walking a mile as fast as I could (that's the time on the stopwatch). Now I just have to take the HEPE final after we get back from San Francisco on Wednesday. I also took my third physical science mid-term, which leaves me with 9 lessons and the final in that class. I can definately finish before school starts, which is great, but I'm going to try and do two lessons a day and be ready to take the final a week early so I can have a week to relax before school starts up again.

Day 226-Aug 14th: This week I've relied on our VCR! We have been Tivo-ing the olympics, but I still wanted to record my other shows too, so I pulled out a tape and turned on the VCR. Good thing we still have the old technology around!

Day 225-Aug 13th: We got the K&Company Halloween line in today, and I snagged these cute things for myself. I'm going to make the pins into magnets for the fridge. Then there is a trick or treat banner to make, and a glow-in-the-dark skeleton!

Day 224-Aug 12th: Today I finally called the home insurance people to get them to come look at the microwave and water heater. One day, a while ago, I was using the fan on the microwave while cooking something on the stove. The fan was too loud for me though, so I turned it off. Then later I used the microwave to make some corn, and flames started coming out the side of it!!! It's worked fine since then (although I haven't tried to use the fan again). As for the water heater, it makes a loud humming noise anytime we use water, which is quite annoying. So...before our home insurance expires in September we decided we better get them to look at things.

0 comments: