8.11.2008

The Weekend Plus Thursday

Day 222-Aug 10th: Nursery was absolutely crazy today, but that's another story. So...we were glad to have Rachel over tonight to help us unwind. We played a new game Russell finally got after he preordered it in February called Agricola. It's a farming game, and it was really hard. After Rachel left though, Russell looked over the rules again and found out we did some major things wrong, so when we play again on Thursday the game should be a little easier!

Day 221-Aug 9th: The moment we've all been waiting for...THE OLYMPICS!!!! I am pretty much an olympic fanatic. So...while we did escape to buy school supplies and I did clean the toilet in our bathroom, we spent pretty much the entire day watching the olympics. I was excited to see the men's gymnastics since the boy I sat next to in high school physics, Jonathon Horton, is on the team! He did a great job, and hopefully the U.S. will get a medal!

Day 220-Aug 8th: I worked tonight from 5-10 which felt really wierd. Since being promoted to be the receiver I really haven't worked like a single night, but this week was Creating Keepsakes University Provo (a big scrapbooking convention....lots of classes, prizes, crops, and stores being open late to shop!) so we were open until midnight Wed-Sat. Luckily, I didn't have to stay until midnight. Some of those CKU ladies are crazy! While I was at work, Russell had the boys over for another game night to play Descent, the board game he bought with money from helping his Mom at the store. I hear everyone had a great time, and Larkin is even dreaming about playing again! It must have been great because Russell says they left at 12:40am! ( I was sound asleep by then!) The picture is the aftermath on Saturday morning actually. They had the whole table, the bench, and the kitchen counter taken over with cards, figures, boards, and more!

Day 219-Aug 7th: I went to the dentist the month before Russell and I got married, and I decided it was about time to go again. Our insurance pays for twice a year, but I just hadn't made the effort to find a dentist and go. Keera referred me to a great one, Dr. Barry, and I made appointments. We went today and they were really nice, even gave us an extra new-patient goody bag with chapstick, a whole tube of toothpaste, a water bottle, and some M&M's! Who would have thought a dentist would hand out M&M's? Anyway, a few cavities to fill and then we will be back on dental track....we even already have appointments for February!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You sat next to Jonathan Horton in Physics?? That's awesome. He has the largest biceps I've ever seen!