9.04.2008

The First Week

Day 247-Sep 4th: Today was much more calm as far as school goes. I only had Business Law and then headed to work. When I got there, the mall smelled HORRIBLE! Turns out that last night some workmen were welding together something for the new play area and a spark lit the tree on fire! The sprinklers in the mall hallway came on, and there was a small flood in Archiver's. Now....the big flood happened just a year ago on Labor Day! I was not very excited when I walked in and saw this fan blowing the floorboards, but I guess at least there was only one instead of 10-12.

Day 246-Sep 3rd: The second day of class, and introduction to the classes I hadn't been to yet. Monday and Wednesday's are pretty packed for me. I have Church History, Short Story, Organizational Behavior, and Managerial Economics. Turns out to be quite a long day, with quite a heavy backpack. I gotta figure out if I can leave some books at home or something.

My classes seem like they are going to be a lot of work, and right now I'm kinda stressed out about it. I guess we'll see how the first few weeks progress. Any ideas for a good short story??? I have to write one for my short story class.

Day 245-Sep 2nd: Today was the first day of school, and new microwave day! Russell stayed home today to wait for the GE guys to come and install the new microwave. They came pretty early actually, just after I left for class, and now we have a great microwave that is QUIET! Amazing! It has a turntable and a rack. I've never seen a microwave with a rack, so I'm not sure what to do with it.

My first day of class went alright. I had Business Law and Basic Conducting. Conducting is at night, and the teacher is kind of boring, so it might be a struggle, but at least it's only once a week. Boy do I wish basic conducting was not a higher level class in Houston. Taking it from Mr. Krager would have been a much, much, much better experience. I might just have to email him and get some hints.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new microwave...

Hope your stress level eases up some with school.