10.10.2008

For Russell

Russell is on my case to take these pictures. I admit....sometimes I just think of the picture I am going to take each day and don't actually take the picture. Then I mostly rely on Russell to remember what picture is for what day until I finally get around to taking them.

Day 283-Oct 10th: I finally bought a normal flapper the other day for our toilet, and Russell fixed it yesterday. It was wonderful to use the downstairs bathroom today and have it flush normally. And...it's great to not hear it running constantly. I'm sure we will also see a difference in our water bill now that we are not going through a whole toilet tank every half an hour!

Day 282-Oct 9th: When we went to the grocery store last week, Russell spent several minutes standing in front of the popsicle case, trying to decide which ones to get. He finally decided on these Longboard popsicles. Turns out they are like the high-class popsicles. They are $4 a box, and there are only 4 in a box! But....they are really, really good. There were tons and tons of cookies in the Cookie's and Creme, and he says the fudge ones taste like a Frosty. Haha. I haven't tried my fudge one yet.

Day 281-Oct 8th: It has started again.....Monopoly at McDonald's. We are convinced that one of these years we might win something great....other than a medium fry, so off we went to McDonald's for dinner. We did get two of the green property's, but chances of ever getting the third are slim to none I'm sure. I guess it's mostly an excuse to eat at McDonald's sometimes for a few weeks.

Day 280-Oct 7th: On Tuesday nights I have a basic conducting class. After about the second class, I realized I needed some way to mark the music in order to be able to just glance at it and look up again. So...I emailed Mr. Krager, my conductor from the University of Houston, and asked him how he marked his music. He is wonderful and emailed be back a long list of colors, symbols, etc. And it sure works! I knew he would help!

Day 279-Oct 6th: This weekend it snowed in the mountains. I love snow in the mountains, but I'm not as excited when it sticks to the ground for 6 months here in Utah. So....I have been enjoying the nice white snow laying atop the beautiful mountains in hopes that it will not come down into the valley anytime soon.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah, I love the snow on the mountains, too. Too bad it snowed this morning and is supposed to snow more today and tomorrow. I'm not ready for snow yet!

Lady in Waiting said...

you guys are lucky! I wish we had snow.