10.27.2008

Success at the Surgeon's


Day 300-Oct 27th: So...this being day 300 means there are only 65 more days in the year! Wow...take that all of you who didn't think I would keep taking a picture a day!

Anyway....if there's one thing a trip to the surgeon will get you, it's some good reading time. They are always running behind. I got most of the way through this book I am reading for my Leadership class. It is about how to make ideas sticky. It is a good book, but very long-winded.

For those of you who don't know....I had surgery in March to remove some ovarian cysts which were supposed to be causing my pain. Turns out once they got in, most of the cysts were gone, but they found a hernia. So....in May I had another surgery to repair the hernia where they put mesh in for my abdominal wall to grow back together on (gross, I know).

Anyway, this last week I have had pain very similar to what I had before surgery, ugh, and I was convinced I would have to have surgery again. I scheduled an appointment with the surgeon. Good news though....he is pretty sure I just strained it and maybe tore some of the muscle from the mesh. So everything looks/feels fine to him and I should be better in a few weeks as long as I don't do anything crazy. Thank Goodness!

0 comments: