1.06.2009

Final Semester Classes

So.......because I don't have much to blog I'll write about how I've spent my last two days.......in class.

Strategic Management - The best perk? NO TESTS! I think the class will be pretty interesting and not nearly as hard as I thought. The class is mostly reading cases and talking about them.....oh, and then there's a simulation (Which takes 4-5 weeks and is done on the internet. No class for a month.....I'm not complaining!). There's a couple papers too.....I can't wait to be done writing papers.

Consumer Behavior - The best perk? EVERYTHING is done in groups.....even the MIDTERM and FINAL! The professor is kind of wierd......and there's a few presentations I'm not too interested in, but I think the subject matter will be really, really interesting. Sometimes I think I should have changed my emphasis to Marketing but what's done is done I guess.

Financial Planning - Perk? SUPER useful in life.....even right now! I'm really excited for this class even though it looks like it's going to be a TON of work. The reading for Thursday was a 14 page chapter (not bad in itself), but also 3 scripture chapters (not short ones either), 3 Ensign talks, AND 2 case studies! Crazy. By the end of the semester I will have written an approximately 100 page Personal Financial Plan for our family though, which should be helpful.

Human Resource Management - Perk? Well.....I haven't found one yet. I'm not too excited for the class really. I guess we'll see how it goes. At least it doesn't look too labor intensive.

And finally......Entrepreneurship Lecture Series. I haven't been yet since it is only on Friday's but I look forward to it. I've heard great things about the professor......and really, how hard can a lecture series be?

0 comments: