1.04.2009

Silhouette Magic

So I thought I'd post a few examples of what I can do with my Silhouette. Mostly I want my mother-in-law to know how awesome her gift was, but I also want to show you all so you can be convinced to not buy any other die-cutting machine! Here's three examples:

Instead of having the blade in the machine, you can put a pen in and it will sketch the image rather than cut......and then it will cut around the image for you too (once you put the blade back in of course)! This is one of the sketches from my Jingle Portfolio Design Set, which has all sorts of Christmas shapes.

Here's an example of just simply resizing and cutting a design. Super easy and they have all sorts of fun things. This is a nativity border from the Holly Set. I've only bought sets so far....but you can download individual designs for $3-$4, which is soooooooooooo cheap!

And finally....the way I will probably mostly use the Silhouette is to weld words....and thus make titles for my pages. You have to weld the words together in another program, but then you import the image into the software and it will cut! The best part is you can use any True Type Fonts on your computer, which is AMAZING! They also have alphabets you can buy.

0 comments: