2.04.2008

Never-Ending Ironing


Day 35- Feb 4: As we were getting ready this morning, Russell said "I might need some shirts this week." This statement I guess proves his theory that "When I put a shirt in the ironing it doesn't come out for a month!" So tonight I lovingly ironed three of his shirts so he could make it through the week. The rest of the basket will have to wait until a more convenient time. I could make it easier on myself by not insisting that his shirts are ironed, but I can't have my husband wandering around looking anything but 100% put together! I guess I could teach him how to iron, but then I would have to convince him ironing is necessary first. He still manages to sneak some shirts upstairs without being ironed, especially when he does the laundry while I'm not home!

2 comments:

Lady in Waiting said...

Don't feel bad about the ironing. I don't iron till I discover I have no more scrubs that aren't seasonal or that a shirt I want isn't hanging up in the closet. Ironing always got done when mom used to tell us to iron our stuff each Saturday.

gravityguysgirl said...

Once I told Dad if he didn't wear it, it wouldn't end up in the ironing! That's when he started ironing his own stuff if I don't get it done. He much prefers when I iron the shirts because he gets little notes in the pockets, but he irons his own more ofter than not these days. He's even started using the starch on them!