5.24.2008

A Very Unsuccessful Trip to Salt Lake

Today we did a lot of driving. I had been needing to go to Salt Lake for a few months to look for several things. I wanted to get a duvet cover set from Linen's and Things that I had found on their website and looked perfect, I wanted to go to a good Kohl's (Elaine kindly told me where one was) to spend my giftcard, and I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby to find material to make curtains. Well, turns out the duvet cover at Linen's and Things was not great quality and kind of a scratchy material....so that was out. I did manage to spend my giftcard at Kohl's and got a Horton shirt and some shorts. But....Hobby Lobby didn't have any material that jumped out at me. Maybe I will just buy the curtains I saw at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Anyway, we decided we would come back down to Orem and look at the duvet we registered for again.

Day 145-May 24th: And here it is! It didn't come in a set, so we could only afford the duvet cover and a duvet for now. I will have to get the pillow shams another day. We've been wanting a good bed set for a while and we've liked this one ever since we saw it. It is a little big, we decided to go ahead and buy a King since Russell wants to buy a King bed at some point. That way we don't have to buy a new duvet along with a new bed! We put it on the bed and then tried it out, it's very poofy and comfy, and will definitely keep us warm in the snowy winters!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun to me. I always buy a king size even though we have a queen bed. This way we each get blanket even when we tend to hog it- usually.