6.24.2008

Anniversary Rundown

Day 175-June 23rd: Happy Anniversary to us! We've been married for one year today. Here's a We got up this morning and opened the presents we bought for each other and then headed to Park City for two days to celebrate.

Here's a link to the pictures we took while we were there: http://picasaweb.google.com/carnegiewannabe.

It took us a few minutes to figure out how to get to the resort in Park City, but when we finally did it was tons of fun. We bought tickets to go on the Alpine Coaster and Slides. I really didn't want to go on the coaster, because it looked like you just went straight down, but Russell convinced me to go. Then as I was riding up the hill I thought, "Oh, I'll be alright, this part I thought was a straight drop is where they pull you up, and those people I see going down aren't going that fast." But no, it went fast, and you feel like you are going to fly off when you go around the curves. It was fun though. Then we rode the lift up the mountain and went on the Alpine Slides. We went to Pizza Hut Buffet for lunch, which was delicious, and at that point I started to realize that my throat was killing me, it wasn't just because I needed a drink. Oh....and my thighs were killing too because of basically doing squats all day yesterday while scanning paper for inventory! Anyway, after lunch we went to the outlet mall and walked around. We didn't find much to buy except for more cute baby clothes from Carter's and some soap from Bath and Body Works. By the time we had seen about 1/3 of the stores in the mall I was ready to die, I did not feel good and I thought my legs were going to collapse any minute, but check-in at the hotel was not until 4pm. So we kept wandering and when we got to the end we just went and parked in the hotel parking lot and slept for the half-hour before check-in. The rest of the evening we mostly just slept, although we did make a trip to Albertson's for medicine and treats. Russell was not feeling good either so we were kind of pathetic. Our hotel room had a hot-tub in it though, which I enjoyed.

Day 176-June 24th: We got up this morning feeling a little better and decided to try the Alpine Slides at Olympic Park before we came home. Olympic Park was awesome! We walked through the museum (which had some bobsleds!), watched some aerial skiers train on the jumps into the pool and others on the mountain, and then slid down the Alpine Slide. By then we were both worn out and just came home and took a nap. We'll probably go out to dinner tonight since last night we felt crappy and just picked up McDonald's to eat at the hotel. I guess McDonald's is a tradition for our anniversary since that's where we ate dinner the day we got married!

2 comments:

Jane Huddleston said...

I saw the pictures of your new games on Facebook... You'll have to let us know if they're fun to play... Congrats on your first year together!

Jeff and Emily said...

Wow one whole year together!! That's really exciting... Congratulations! You two still look so happy together. Many happy years to come I'm sure :)
Take care and start feeling better,

Em