6.10.2008

A Chinese Power Outage


Day 162-June 10th: Well, about 30 minutes before Russell got home the power went out. I'm not sure why, but it was super windy and that might of had something to do with it. Anyway, I was going to make steak for dinner and I knew Russell would be excited but there was no power! So....I asked him if we could go out. I was thinking just McDonald's on the corner, but he said let's go to Shoots! His coworkers had told him about it a week or so ago, it's a cheaper Chinese place in the Riverwoods shopping center. It was great!! The service was a bit slow, but the food was delicious and there was plenty of it for your money. I do like P.F. Chang's and Pei Wei better still, but this place is close and decently priced. I took the camera so that I could take a picture of the restaurant and then totally forgot, so here's a picture of our leftovers! I had Honey-Roasted Walnut Chicken, and Russell had Firecracker Chicken (which was a disappointment because it was NOT spicey at all, even though it had a spicey symbol next to it on the menu!) Oh....the funny part was as we were getting out of the car to go into Shoots, Russell said "Hey, that's my family!" and sure enough, there on the sidewalk was Aunt Carol, Uncle Quinn, Sandra and her boys, and Dan! It was kind of crazy to run into them. We chatted for a minute or two which was nice and then went our separate ways (they had just come from Tucanos).

Day 161-June 9th: Tonight after we ate dinner I turned to Russell and said "If it's all right with you, I just want to finish my book tonight." Haha. I didn't want to ignore him if he wanted to do something together. But he said he had things to work on, so I read the last 190 pages of Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark. I love her books and found this one I hadn't read on our Memorial Day trip to Barnes and Noble. I read it in three days. I love, love, love to read books that are not textbooks!!!

0 comments: