8.20.2008

San Francisco Adventures

Day 232-Aug 20th: We headed back this morning. Our flight left at 6am, so we were up at 3:20 and ready to catch our shuttle to the airport. We were glad when we finally got home and took a nap for a few hours. I was glad that I got these little gumdrop ornaments home safely. We found them at the Wharf and decided they could be our new ornaments for Christmas this year!

Day 231-Aug 19th: Today my old laurel advisor and friend Bridgette drove up from San Jose and we went down to Fisherman's Wharf for lunch. We ate at this delicious crepe place and then wandered around for a little bit. Owen, her 2-year-old had a lot of energy, but he was cute! We saw the sea lions, alcatraz, and a bunch of little shops. Then we went down to an art store can Flax, which was amazing. I wish Russell could have come because they had all sorts of book-binding things. He would have loved it! We had a great time catching up and just hanging out for a bit. When Russell was done, we headed down to the Aquarium of the Bay and wandered around for a little bit. We got tired of waiting for the bus to come, so we just walked the 2 miles back to the hotel.

Day 230-Aug 18th: Today was the first day of the conference for Russell. I spent the morning working on Independent Study and then we met up for lunch at Bourdin Bakery and Cafe. We had some roast beef sandwiches on fresh sourdough bread! They were delicious. After lunch I had planned to go down to Fisherman's wharf on the trolley cart, but when I walked down to the trolley cart the line was like an hour long. I didn't think it would be that fun alone anyway, so I just wandered around, went in a few stores, and headed back to the hotel to watch some olympics and wait for Russell. We went to dinner with Russell's friend from high school, Jake, and his wife in Chinatown. It was fun for Russell to see Jake again and I think they had a good time catching up.

Day 229-Aug 17th: We were off tonight for San Francisco. Russell went to go to a web conference, and I just went with him for fun. Our flight left Salt Lake at 9pm so we didn't get to our hotel until just after midnight. We were soooooooooooo tired and loved the sight of our bed at that point! It was in The Palace Hotel that was pretty expensive, and we decided we aren't the kind of people for a fancy life-style. It wasn't even that great of a hotel, just expensive because of the location I guess.

For more pictures from the wharf and aquarium, here's a link: http://picasaweb.google.com/carnegiewannabe

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shyla, I love your San Fran pics, they make me miss it. I loved when James and I got to go.

I'm glad you had such a great time, it probably would have been more fun if Russell hadn't had to be at the conference.

I am glad you are back though, we miss you when you are gone.

islandgirl said...

Reminds me of all the times our family has been to San Fransisco, glad you two got to take this trip together!