12.26.2008

Christmas Eve Traditions

We have several traditions on Christmas Eve, mostly they come from our families growing up. First, we get new pajama pants to wear (which my Mom is still making!). I'm sure one day though she will let me know that I am in charge of making them, you know, once we have those sextuplets Russell keeps talking about.

Since right now we have to open the PJ's from Mom before wearing them, we open them first, then get ready in our pajamas, read the Christmas story in the scriptures, head to the piano to sing our favorite Christmas songs, and then open one present. And so we did just that. I think the only thing we've added ourselves is the singing our favorite Christmas songs, the rest was done in either or both of our families since we were little.

Here's pictures of our PJ's. I got some cute elephants, and Russell got Giraffes because my little sisters like to call him "Giraffe Man" since he is sooooooooooo tall. And....they also like to match him, so Cooper has matching giraffe pants, and Cymbre sent Russell some Wall-E pants that match both of them as another Christmas present.


And now on to the presents!

Russell choose to open a game from his BoardGameGeek secret santa. He has participated in Secret Santa both Christmases since we've been married, and the person who gets him always does a great job sending him MULTIPLE games. It's really nice because games are somewhat expensive and he gets more that way. Anyway, he opened Gathering Storm, which is an Expansion to Race for the Galaxy, and he was super excited.

I choose a present from my Dad, which I knew he got in Memphis while my family was there this summer for national dance competitions. Mom had told me Dad got something fun for me there. Well....turns out it is a book made out of recycled elephant poop! Gross!!! Dad was so excited and thought it was cool. It is a nice book actually, but the idea is kind of disgusting. Maybe I will put pictures of all my elephants in it.

0 comments: