3.19.2009

4:45 Wakeup Call

This morning we got up at 4:45am in order to be to the hospital for Russell's hernia surgery at 5:45. Turns out, the lab guy didn't know he was supposed to be there early, so things were a little slower than planned. He finally went into surgery at 7:07am and they told me it would be about an hour before the doctor came out and talked to me at the end of the surgery. Well.....it was 8:50 before he came to talk to me! I have no idea what took so long, I guess I could have asked, but he said everything went well so that's good. It was about another 40 minutes before they wheeled Russell from recovery back in by me, and then another hour before we left the hospital.

And....after all of that, he's not even in any pain, or tired! I think I was in worse condition leaving the hospital pregnant, super tired, and hungry all at the same time than he was after just having surgery! He definitely hasn't responded to it the same way I did a year ago. I however, came home and slept for 3 hours!

Here's some pictures of the day:

Checking in at the new Outpatient Center

His pager. Number 47. It kind of felt like we were waiting to be seated at Chili's or somewhere!

All hooked up and waiting for Dr. Garry to get there.

After the surgery. He really wasn't funny at all, it was kind of disappointing actually. Apparently he did ask the nurses and doctors a bunch of questions though, I guess I should have warned them, but I didn't think about it.

And this is where he has been from when he got home on! Crazy!
Compare that to me last year:
Yeah.....I don't think it's fair that he feels so good, but I guess I will count it as a blessing.

0 comments: